Dave is a former journalist, disc jockey and cabdriver, and most important, a lifelong writer. Some of his stories take place and have been published in the South, by the Dead Mule School of Southern Literature and the Birmingham Arts Journal. His upcoming novel “Back Beach Blues” was inspired by his beach-bumming days on the Florida Panhandle. However, his work has also found a home up north in the Red Fez, and in London in Close To The Bone and Sledgehammer Lit.
When he’s not writing fiction, Dave blogs about the pandemic and issues like the perils of old age. He works as a freelance editor, helps wrangle social media for the Atlanta Writers Club, and keeps busy with his own platform. BTW, he’d appreciate it if somebody could explain what “platform” means.
Dave’s Short Fiction on Amazon
A New Grateful Nation
Back from Afghanistan, she’s fighting a different war at home.
The Fourteenth Pelican
An environmental private eye tangles with sick seabirds.
The virus, crime, and noir
- New! Actual Events – When your rideshare passenger has a terrifying “taxicab confession.”
- The Man With the Six-Foot Soul – Illusion and reality shift amid the pandemic.
- Country Dark – A desperate wife tries to escape an abusive relationship.
- Flag Day – Confederate flags don’t hurt anybody, right?
- The Milk of Human Innocence – The truth behind the urban legend of the milkman.
- Independence – Forget Covid. Let’s party!
Life and other mysteries
- New! From The Moon To The Earth – The moon man lives in the woods and comes out at night.
- New! My Late Friend Laura Ann Randall – She was a good person. Wasn’t she?
- Bobby Dean Goes Viral – Football as religion, including the Golden Rule.
- High Tide – Anniversaries, beaches, and most of all, love.
- Reefer and Jesus – It’s amazing what you can find on the south side of Birmingham.
Photos by Janet Stevenson and Dave Swan. Header photo by Pexels.com.